Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 1: Myth versus Fact

Ladies, I must say knowledge really is power. It’s Day 1 of my 30 for 30 challenge , and I have already made so many discoveries (read: crushed my own dreams).

Myth: One pair of jeans and two blazers are enough to get you through a winter season.
Fact: Don’t think so.

Myth: You can easily pin a new hemline on a pair of wide leg pants.
Fact: Sure, if you thought about it more than five minutes before you had to leave for work.

Myth: It is easy to take a photo of yourself.
Fact: Nope. See Exhibit A below.

Myth: A good shade of red lipstick goes a long way.
Fact: What shade are you using? I need help.

Notice a theme here?

[Exhibit A: I am awkward.]

I am deliberately not showing my pants in this photo because they were crazy long. (See Myth versus Fact #2.) But, do you appreciate how I am trying to distract your focus by opening my blazer and revealing some sparkles? I try.

What I'm Wearing
Sequined Sweatshirt (J.Crew)
LC Lauren Conrad Boyfriend Blazer (Kohl's)
Silence+Noise Braided Chain Necklace (Urban Outfitters)
Wide Leg Editor Trousers (Express)*
Mossimo Black Suede Heels (Target)*
*Not shown

In other news, I thought I would share the official list of my 30 items, including my wild card piece.
  • 7 tops/blouses (including the olive green sequined top as my wild card!)
  • 3 pairs of pants
  • 7 skirts
  • 2 blazers
  • 3 cardigans
  • 1 sweatshirt
  • 2 dresses
  • 5 pairs of shoes
Check in tomorrow for lessons learned on Day 2. For now, I'm going to roll up my pants and eat some pie.

1 comment:

  1. Eso! You look amazing in this picture! Running does a body good, apparently! I need to get on it!!
    ps Is that the necklace we got at Urban awhile back?? I think I lost mine!

    ReplyDelete