Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 16: Crossing Over


At this point, I have crossed the halfway point of the challenge, and although I am looking forward to wearing some of my other clothes again, I still have a lot of ideas on how to build some outfits for the challenge. A few other epiphanies are listed below:

Lessons Learned
1)    It’s not always a good idea to include five dry-clean-only items in a 30-day clothing challenge. On the bright side, I have spent so much money at the cleaners that I got a $5 coupon to use on my next visit. Jeeeeealous, much?
2)    Nearly all of the seven skirts I included in my challenge are basically the same style: A-line and a few inches above the knee. Does this mean I have a signature look? It might. But at least I know what items I don’t need more of when it comes time to build a wardrobe for the upcoming seasons.
3)    Holy H, did you just read that last sentence? … I know what items I don’t need more of …  Do you realize what this means? I may have actually discovered the meaning of the challenge – to shop your closet instead of the stores. Woah, progress.

[I had to wait until the weather was warmer to wear my Minnie pants, 
because I only really like wearing them with flats.]

What I’m Wearing
Chambray Oxford Shirt (J.Crew)
Olive Green Sequined Blouse (J.Crew)
Black Minnie Pants (J.Crew)
Black Xhiliration Flats (Target)
Black and Gold Bracelet (Collected at a clothes swap)
Glitter Gold Headband (J.Crew) 

No comments:

Post a Comment