Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Dress Resolution

A few weeks ago, I mentioned a fashion resolution I made, and it's time to introduce the dress that started it all, along with the resolution spelled out.

I bought a knit dress from Forever XXI in the fall, and the intention was to wear it to two upcoming weddings. Since then, I've also worn it to work, during a Saturday night outing with friends, to church (and, most recently, out to a Valentine's Day dinner with my fella). After examining my closet, I couldn't find any other dress that seemed as versatile as this one, but I was hooked on the concept. Thus, the resolution was established, and the rules are below: 

Resolution Rules
1) Purchase one dress each month, to total 12 dresses in 2012. 
2) Each dress must be able to transition easily from day to night. In other words, they must be appropriate to wear both to work and out on the town.
3) Total budget for the dresses is $600, or an average of $50 per dress.





Stay tuned this week for my February dress!

What I'm Wearing
Knit Dress (Forever XXI)
Studded Belt (J.Crew)
Patterned Tights (J.Crew)
Brown Ankle Boots (Old Navy)
Didi Teardrop Earrings (Send the Trend)
Gold Glasses Necklace (Forever XXI)
Black, White, and Gold Bracelet (Forever XXI)
Gold Michael Kors Runway Watch (Macy's)
Gold-Plated Bangles (Luxe Apothetique)
Monte Carlo Gold Bracelet (JewelMint)

Pearl and Beaded Bracelet (Gift from a craft fair)
Blanc Bomb Ring (JewelMint)
Essie Nail Polish in "Brooch the Subject"

No comments:

Post a Comment