Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Blues Are Still Blue

OK, confession: The Life Pursuit from Belle and Sebastian is one of my favorite guilty pleasure albums. And every time I wear this ensemble – which has already been a couple of times this summer – I think of "The Blues Are Still Blue," which is my favorite song on the album... Aside from "For the Price of a Cup of Tea." And "Funny Little Frog." And "We Are the Sleepyheads."

Oh, what can I say? I love those crazy Scots and their whimsical lyrics!

... I left my washing in the launderette.
You can put some money on it, you can place a little bet.
That when I see my washing
The black will be grey and the white will be grey,
But the blues are still blue...

[I totally copied the knotted cardigan from about a zillion other fashion bloggers.
Thanks, ladies!]

What I'm Wearing
Strapless Navy Dress (Gap)
Jackie Cardigan (J.Crew)
Guess Tan Cork Wedges (DSW)
Gold Merona Boyfriend Watch (Target)

No comments:

Post a Comment