Friday, August 6, 2010

Get into the Groove at Peace Love Nails

Those of you that know me also know that I am currently training for a marathon. I joined a running group in May, and before that, the most I had ever run was one half marathon. Three months later, I can say that running approximately 25-40 miles a week has brought so much to my life: a consistent commitment to fitness, new friends ... and horrid-looking feet.

Ironically, these horrid-looking feet were carrying me through a morning run a couple of weeks ago, when I spotted Peace Love Nails. (It opened on July 17 near the corner of Steck and Mesa in the Far West 'hood.) Feeling inspired by a cute boutique nail salon on my side of town, I told a few friends, and we booked a group appointment for that afternoon.

 
Image source: peacelovenails.com

After arriving, we were led to a cozy room full of oh-so-comfortable overstuffed armchairs. We were offered drinks (Sipping white wine and getting a pedicure when it's 100 degrees outside? Yes, please!), and "Steel Magnolias" was set to play on the big screen on the back wall. The pedicures lasted for a good 45 minutes.

I've since been back for a manicure, which was just as wonderful. They have bar seating for the manicures, but you still get a drink and can check out whatever movie is playing. My manicure lasted for 45 minutes, also, but that could have been because they weren' too busy. That said, I definitely recommend booking an appointment, so you are guaranteed not to wait.

What I Love about Peace Love Nails

  1. They only provide natural nail services. (I think this is why it NEVER smells like a nail salon in there.)
  2. They soak your hands/feet with a milk bath.
  3. For the pedicures, they use antibacterial copper bowls to soak your feet.
  4. They almost exclusively use OPI nail polish (unless you choose the vegan, a.k.a. "Love," manicure/pedicure).
  5. They use an all-natural almond spray to set the polish.

 Photo source: opi.com

The 4-1-1 on Pricing
Peace Manicure -- $25
Love (Vegan) Manicure -- $30
Peace Pedicure -- $35
Love (Vegan) Pedicure -- $40

No comments:

Post a Comment